This OpenHW episode introduces the new Chair of the OpenHW Verification Task Group and the expanded charter to help support the growing RISC-V Verification Ecosystem
Imperas Software Ltd., the leader in RISC-V simulation solutions, today announced their participation in the OpenHW TV S03/E08 episode which introduces the new Chair of the OpenHW Verification Task Group and the expanded charter to help support the growing RISC-V Verification Ecosystem.
OpenHW TV – Episode S03/E08: Advancing RISC-V Processor Verification
The OpenHW Group welcomes Simon Davidmann of Imperas Software, a founding member of OpenHW, as the new Chair of the OpenHW Verification Task Group (VTG). As part of the CORE V roadmap the VTG is updating the successful CORE-VERIF framework to address both the increasing design complexity and improve the DV efficiency for the anticipated bandwidth required for all the new CORE-V cores in development.
To address the dual goals of improving and enhancing the OpenHW internal flows for the CORE-V roadmap and help lead the industry adoption of RISC-V, and the associated verification workload, the VTG has started a new methodology project. This episode highlights the new OpenHW VTG Advanced RISC-V Verification Methodology (ARVM) project and outlines the initial concepts and plans for a couple of the sub-projects:
• ARVM - Functional Coverage: developing open-source VIPs that can be used for many different core configurations/implementations
• ARVM - Standards: defining and implementing evolving interface standards (such as RVVI) for test bench components to enable better test bench component reuse and potentially stimulate availability of compatible VIPs
• Simon Davidmann, Chair of OpenHW Verification Task Group and CEO at Imperas Software
• Peter Lewin, Director of CPU Ecosystems at Imagination Technologies
• Rupert Baines, Chief Marketing Officer at Codasip
• Hosted by Mike Thompson, Director of Engineering, Verification Task Group, at OpenHW Group
Following the updates and presentations all the panelist will be available for the live Q&A session with audience participation.
- What: OpenHW TV – Episode S03/E08: Advancing RISC-V Processor Verification
- Where: Virtual online event
- When: October 27th, 2022
- Time Zones: 4pm in London and 8am in San Jose, CA
Registration is now open at this link.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
# # #